Whenever a student is logged in, three cookies are stored in the browser with path "/" and end-of-session expiration: "user", "ses", and "token".
http/https cookie "user" contains the logged-in student's name. Its presence or absence is used by server-side scripts to determine whether to show anonymous elements, such as the Login link, versus non-anonymous elements, such as the My Classes, My Account, and Logout links.
https-only cookies "ses" and "token" contain opaque authentication data.
The RealEd pages all reside under top-level URL path "/reg/". Entry points from non-RealEd pages are as follows:
- /reg/acct.php: Student "My Account" page.
- /reg/cart.php: Shopping cart page. Sets the Continue Shopping button redirect to redir if savesrch=redir is specified. Adds class code, bookstore item name, or package name to the shopping cart if class=code, item=name, or pkg=name is specified. Additional classes, bookstore items, and packages may be specified using keys classN, itemN, and pkgN for N=2 and higher.
- /reg/classes.php: Student "My Classes" page.
- /reg/enroll.php?class=code: Course description and add-to-cart page for class code.
- /reg/login.php: Student login page, with post-login redirect to redir if url=redir is specified.
- /reg/logout.php: Student logout link.
- /reg/bkprog.php: List of bookstore categories.
- /reg/bklst.php: List of bookstore items, restricted to category code if prog=code is specified.
Database Information Retrieval
RealEd database queries are sent as HTTP POST requests in www-url-encoded format to this URL:
Each POST must contain the following name/value pairs:
"_page=inf" is handled as follows:
- Any number of name/value pairs inf[key][i]=obj may be specified, where key identifies the type of information to be retrieved, i counts upward from 0, and obj identifies the object about information should be retrieved.
- The response contains name/value pairs "inf[key][obj][j]=val", where key and obj are copied from the request, j counts from 0, and val is one of the requested values.
- Currently supported key values:
- crspub: course title for course code obj
- crsdsc: course description for course code obj
- crsblrb: blurbs associated with course code obj
- crsjurs: jurisdiction codes associated with course code obj
- crsjnums: approval numbers associated with course code obj
- crsjsbjs: subjects associated with course code obj
- crsjcreds: credit amounts associated with course code obj
- first: first name of the logged-in user, obj is 0
- middle: middle name of the logged-in user, obj is 0
- last: last name of the logged-in user, obj is 0
- email: email address of the logged-in user, obj is 0
- suffix: name suffix of the logged-in user, obj is 0
Additional key values will be added as needed.
The following code demonstrates the use of some of the above key values, using demo.realedsolutions.com as the server: